All personal data collected on the website www.bijouxburma.com (hereinafter the "Site") are processed by BIJOUX BURMA (hereinafter "BIJOUX BURMA" or "we"), acting as the data controller, in accordance with legal requirements and, in particular, the "Data Protection Act" of 6 January 1978 as amended and the European Regulation n°2016/679/EU of 27 April 2016.
In particular, we provide you with information about the personal data we collect from you, how we use, disclose and protect it and, finally, how you can exercise your rights over this data.
- Nature of the personal data collected on the Site
BIJOUX BURMA processes personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us in the following contexts:
- When you browse the Site;
- When you create an account on the Site;
- When you make a purchase on the Site;
- When you give your consent to receive our newsletters and other commercial information from us;
- When you wish to apply for a job at BIJOUX BURMA;
- When you wish to get in touch with us to ask us a question or make a complaint.
In this context BIJOUX BURMA collects and processes the following personal data:
- Your identity and contact details: surname, name, e-mail address, phone number;
- Your identifiers: email address and password;
- Your billing and delivery details: billing and delivery address, mobile phone number;
- Your payment information;
- Your job application information: CV, cover letter;
- The pages and sections of the Site you have visited and other information related to your browsing on our Site (see the section dedicated to "Cookies" below);
- Any other information you directly and voluntarily provide to us in the course of your use of our Site and of your purchases.
The mandatory or optional nature of any information to be completed by you is typically marked by an “optional” statement in the corresponding forms at the time such information is collected. Any failure to complete that information may result in BIJOUX BURMA refusing to process your request.
You agree that the personal data you provide about yourself to BIJOUX BURMA will be current, accurate, complete and unequivocal.
- Purposes and legal basis for the processing of your personal data
The main objective of collecting personal data by BIJOUX BURMA is to offer you a secure, optimal, effective and personalized experience.
BIJOUX BURMA undertakes to collect and process your personal data lawfully and fairly.
The processing implemented by BIJOUX BURMA pursues specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
Your data may be processed for the following purposes in particular:
- To provide you the service, i.e. recording / managing your order and its payment and proceeding with its delivery.
- In this context, the legal basis of the processing is the performance of the contract between BIJOUX BURMA and you.
- To handle any questions or requests and deal with any complaints you may have: BIJOUX BURMA may use the data collected to respond to your requests relating to the functioning of the Site, BIJOUX BURMA's products and services, your orders, etc.
- In this context, the legal basis of the processing is either the performance of the contract if the request concerns the contractual relationship between BIJOUX BURMA and you, or else the legitimate interest of BIJOUX BURMA, more specifically its financial interest in satisfying your questions and ensuring quality customer service.
- To carry out statistical analyses, develop the Site, optimize your browsing and provide you with a personalized experience: cookies may be placed on the Site for these purposes - for more information you can refer to the section on cookies below.
- In this context, the legal basis of the processing is BIJOUX BURMA's legitimate interest, more specifically its financial interest in continually improving its Site and its services and in offering you appropriate content and optimal browsing.
- To manage your account: you have the possibility to create a customer account in order to track the status of your order and facilitate your future purchases.
- In this context, the legal basis of the processing is BIJOUX BURMA's legitimate interest, more specifically its financial interest in offering you quality services that facilitate your use of the Site and its services.
- To handle your job application if you contact us for this purpose.
- In this context, the legal basis of the processing is the legitimate interest of BIJOUX BURMA, more specifically its interest in responding to your job application and finding suitable profiles for the position available within BIJOUX BURMA.
- To send you commercial information: BIJOUX BURMA may send you e-mails on the e-mail address you provided at the time of placing your order to send you information on its products and services if you have consented to it.
- In this context, the processing is based on BIJOUX BURMA's legitimate interest, more specifically its financial interest in making you personalized offers, better understanding your needs and offering you adapted services to build your loyalty.
BIJOUX BURMA may use the data collected for other purposes, subject to your prior consent.
Please note that BIJOUX BURMA is also the administrator of a Facebook page. When you use this page, Facebook collects and processes information about you to provide us with statistics about how you interact with this page. In this case, we are joint data controller with Facebook and we process the personal data concerned on the basis of our legitimate interest in adapting our content as closely as possible to your interests.
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/information_about_page_insights_data.
- Storage of your personal data
BIJOUX BUIRMA will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are collected and processed.
BIJOUX BURMA may, however, keep your personal data for a longer period (in archives) whenever there is a legal obligation for us or to take into account the applicable statute of limitation period to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, namely:
- 5 years after the end of the commercial/contractual relationship for any data collected in the context of a purchase;
- 3 years after the last contact with you for any data collected for marketing purposes;
- 10 years for any data required for accounting purposes;
- Until the end of the processing of your request for any request / claim (and in accordance with the applicable statute of limitation in the event of litigation);
- 2 years for applicant data from the last contact with the applicant unless the applicant agrees to a longer period; beyond that the data are archived for 4 years;
- Your account information is kept until your account is closed;
- When cookies or other tracers not necessary for the functionning of the Site are placed on your device, they are stored in accordance with the legal obligations and recommendations issued by the authorities (i.e. for a maximum period of 13 months in France).
- Communication of your personal data
BIJOUX BURMA may provide access to your personal data to service providers to perform services related to the Site (including hosting, maintenance, order and payment processing, risk and fraud protection, Site optimization) and to perform data analysis and marketing campaign services. These service providers will only have access to your data to perform these services and are bound to the same security and confidentiality obligations as BIJOUX BURMA which remains responsible for the processing of your data.
- Transfers of your personal data
The recipients listed above to whom BIJOUX BURMA may communicate your personal data may be domiciled abroad, including outside the European Economic Area (notably in Canada and the United States).
In such case, BIJOUX BURMA will require them to take, in accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, all organisational and technical measures that permit ensuring an adequate level of protection of your data (in particular by a decision of adequacy of the European Commission, by the signature of the standard contractual clauses drafted by the European Commission or by the US Privacy Shield - a copy of these documents is available on request at email@example.com).
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small files which are stored on your computer when you navigate on an Internet site. Cookies may be read when you are visiting this same Internet site. Cookies are not used to collect personal data without your knowledge but they record information about your browsing activity, which may be directly read by BIJOUX BURMA during your visits and subsequent requests made on the Site (such as the pages you consulted, or the date and time you consulted these pages, or your account identification number and session parameters).
BIJOUX BURMA stores cookies on your hard drive including for example your browsing activity on the Site and your preferences whose ultimate purpose is to facilitate communication and the provision of the service requested by the Users, to recognize the Users when they next visit the Site, to personalize the Site for its Users and to enable BIJOUX BURMA, at staff level, to analyze traffic to the pages on the Site to improve its content.
Some of these cookies are first party cookies, i.e. they are our own cookies, which we use to improve your experience. They are associated with a User's personal information. No third party has access the information we collect through our own cookies.
Other cookies are third-party cookies (including advertising cookies) that are placed on our Site by third parties in order to provide their services. You will find more information about these cookies in their privacy policies.
We thus use the following categories of cookies:
Categories of cookies
Why we use these cookies
These cookies are necessary for the functioning of the Site. They include, in particular, cookies that allow you to connect to secure areas of the Site or to purchase products online.
These cookies allow the User to access the Site using certain general features that are predefined according to a number of criteria in the User's terminal (e. g. language, browser type, regional settings). They are used to identify a User when he/she returns to the Site. They also allow us to customize the content for each User and to memorize their preferences.
We use these cookies to detect and prevent security risks.
We use these cookies to collect information about how you interact with our Site and to help us improve our Site. For example, we may use these cookies to track whether you have used and browsed a particular web page.
These cookies help us to better understand how our Users use and move around our Site. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to know how they browse the Site. These cookies help us to improve the way the Site works by ensuring, for example, that Users can easily find what they are looking for. Finally, we may use these cookies to learn more about the features that are most commonly used by our Users and to find out what we can improve.
Targeting cookies" display ads or messages that may be of interest to you. Sometimes, targeting cookies are linked to other websites, such as Facebook.
For Internet Explorer (9, 10, 11):
- Internet options
- Set according to your choice
For Chrome :
- Show advanced settings
- Set according to your choice
For Mozilla Firefox:
- "Tool" menu
- "Privacy" tab
- Set according to your choice
- Set according to your choice
Please note that depending on the cookies you turn on or disable, you may not be able to login to your account, view content or use other features of our Site and may find that parts of our Site either do not function at all or behave unexpectedly.
- Your rights
You have the following rights over your personal data:
- The right of access: You have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether personal data concerning you are processed or not and, if processed, to obtain (ii) access to such data and a copy thereof.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. You also have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- The right to erasure: In some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you. However, this is not an absolute right and BIJOUX BURMA may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such data.
- The right to restrict processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- The right to portability: you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to BIJOUX BURMA, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from BIJOUX BURMA. This right only applies when the processing of your personal data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- The right to object to processing: you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of BIJOUX BURMA. BIJOUX BURMA may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. When your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of such data.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority: you have the right to contact the CNIL to complain about BIJOUX BURMA’s personal data protection practices.
- A right to give instructions concerning the use of your data after your death: you have the right to give BIJOUX BURMA instructions concerning the use of your personal data after your death.
To exercise one or more of these rights, please contact BIJOUX BURMA at the following postal address [8 Boulevard des Capucines, 75009 Paris] or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us
Feel free to send us any questions or concerns regarding this Policy by sending us an email at email@example.com.
- Changes to this Policy
If we decide to change this Policy, we will post the changes on this page and update the date of the change indicated below. In the event of a substantial change, we will inform you by any means deemed appropriate.
This policy was last amended on November 15th, 2019.